I lined another basket to hold the knitted blanket I am making. My other knitting baskets and bags were either full or too small. Without the lining, the yarn snagged on the basket.
To line the basket, I used the same method as my vintage-style sewing basket, but instead of adding elasticated pockets all around, I added a zipper pocket on one side using this tutorial. I added the pocket before attaching the sides to the base, and the pocket is completely concealed within the layers of the sides. I thought the small pocket would be handy for keeping my stitch markers and small scissors.
The basket was another inexpensive op-shop find. I almost used some fabric I found in the bottom of the cupboard that I think I bought to make a pair of shorts in the 1990s, but it was too beige and dull. This print, which I am unlikely to ever use in a quilt, seemed a bit more cheerful. The zipper is the one I bought back in the 1990s to make those hideous shorts.
I should have gathered the basket base using machine stitches. It had only two layers of fabric not four, unlike my other basket, so it would have been possible. I was not thinking and I ran a line of gathering stitches by hand, so the gathers are a bit uneven. Whoops!