I have not yet shared my May UFO because it is away being long-arm quilted. May’s UFO, a sampler quilt, was such a large project that I set myself a far more modest goal for June: finish a top that I bought the fabric for and cut out in January 2018. Since then, it has been variously draped over my dressmaker’s dummy, folded in a basket or on the desk in my sewing room. Since I finished it last month, it has been on a coathanger in my sewing room.
The top is a repeat of a Liberty top I made in 2017 with Simplicity 1253. The fabric came from the Strawberry Thief, and Robyn helped me chose the fabric. There were many floral fabrics I loved that simply did not suit me as well as this one.
I chose a gold button from my grandmother’s button jar to finish it.
Now that it is finished, it can hang in my wardrobe until spring and warmer weather.
In July, I have been working on another UFO that needs a lot of hand appliqué. Since finding it in the cupboard, I have fallen back in love with it and look forward to finishing it, but one month will not be a realistic deadline. It will need longer. Sigh.
I will share May’s project when its binding is sewn on and it is truly finished, but I still feel I can claim to have finished six UFOs this year.