I do not know much about babies, but I do know that stuff comes out of both ends. Parents need stuff to soak up that stuff.
With a metre of towelling, some ready-made bias binding, some snaps and some novelty fabrics from my stash, I made a couple of baby bibs and burp cloths.
I used the Sew4Home baby bib pattern. My only variations were to use a narrower binding (one of only two widths I can buy) and to hand sew the second side of the binding. A baby will puke on these, I know, but that is no reason for sloppy sewing. I could use the inside-out method, skip the binding and save time, but the binding looks cute.
I targeted fabrics that I like but that can be difficult to mix and match in quilt tops. I can get a bib and a burp cloth out of one fat quarter. I made the burp cloths about 10 by 16 inches, but the exact size of each varies depending on the piece I have left after the bib is cut out.
I have been playing with my new Kamsnaps snaps. They are so easy to attach. They do not bend or distort or need a hammer. I love them!
I have enough binding and towelling for another four bib sets, so I had better get back to sewing. I see a baby boom coming.