I seem to be making a lot of beige border triangles lately. I started making blocks without a plan: grab a fabric and sew a block. I kept picking up the reds I like and leaving the beige fabrics I am less keen on until last. Now I have lots of beige to use up.
Oh well, I am sure they will look nice in among the red.
In the first group, I made:
- a block that is loosely based on a block I saw in Linda Franz’s Quilted Diamonds (it would look better in two colours)
- a block that has squares on point
- my version of right side 1
- something inspired by left side 4
- a block based on B5 Hot Cross Buns.
The second group includes:
- my version of right side 11
- a block that seemed like a good idea at the time as it included a melon and is based on J9 Maury High School
- my version of bottom row 4
- a triangular reinterpretation of E2 Merry May
- a simplified version of bottom row 13.
The third group includes:
- an appliqué block inspired by right side 7 and 8
- a triangular reinterpretation of B2 Sweet Tater Pie
- my version of bottom row 6
- another block inspired by Quilted Diamonds
- my version of right side 4.
Also, I have my last two corners sewn! I enlarged and reused the block designs for M7 Junko’s Rose Garden and D8 Dee Dee’s Delight. They are still a bit over-sized now; I will trim them accurately just before I assemble the borders. In the middle is another triangle of indeterminate origins.
Assuming I have counted correctly, I only have ten more triangles to sew! Yes, ten! Only ten more blocks and I can start assembling my quilt top!
In a perfect world, the last ten would all be red … and appliqué.