Two finished cushions! Hurrah!
I have so many incomplete projects languishing in the back of the cupboard – both not quite finished and not quite started – but I was determined my two Mariya Waters class samples would not be added to the pile.
I learned one important lesson while making these cushions: trying to sew piping (two layers of fabric wrapped around cord) onto a cushion that has a quilted front results in very bulky seams, especially when you have also lined the back of the cushion. I was sewing through six layers of fabric and one layer of quilt wadding, and I could not use my walking foot as I needed something like a zipper foot to get right up close to the piping cord. Somehow I managed it.
The back of each cushion is a plain version of the front. I used a zipper on the larger one (which needs more stuffing) and three buttons to close the smaller one.