Earlier this week I did a class with Mariya Waters, and she taught us how to sew with threads that I had previously thought impossible to use in a sewing machine.
We had a choice between a dandelion and fish pattern, and I made this.
I had to make the dandelions pink as the yellowy gold thread I initially chose did not stand out enough.
The plan is to add a back and some buttons and turn it into a rather large cushion. It is about 70 centimetres square, so I should be able to cover a 60 centimetre cushion.
It might still need further work. I am doing another class – appliqué this time – with Mariya tomorrow, so I will take it along to get some advice before I do anything further.