At a sewing group a week or so ago, I saw cute pincushions made from egg cups. They reminded me of the odd assortment of little containers I had collected from op shops with the intention of making into pincushions.
I had two little teacups. I do not think I could take to a really lovely vintage bone-china teacup with glue, but these are nothing fancy and are missing saucers, so they were fair game.
I also had two little ornamental floral containers. I used scraps of woollen jumpers wrapped and tacked around a ball of polyester wadding to stuff these. I did not use glue as the openings are narrow; once the stuffing was shoved in, it was almost impossible to dislodge.
Sadly, while moving the pink one off my sewing table, I dropped it, chipping most of the china petals off the rose. I am a clumsy fumble-fingers. I guess that one stays mine; I cannot give away something broken!
No container cost more than one dollar, and all the other materials came from small pieces and oddments in my stash.